Self-Care: How to stay healthy and boost immunity
Staying healthy is something that everyone should aim for, but with the added risk brought by the Covid-19 pandemic, it’s more important than ever to keep your immune system in top shape. But how do you do that naturally? Here are some tips to boost your immunity and help you stay healthy
1. Eat Well – Eating a balanced diet is essential to keeping your immune system strong. Make sure to include plenty of fruits and vegetables in your meals, as well as lean proteins, low-fat dairy, and whole grains. Steer clear from ultrs-processed food. The more a food has been tampered with before it lands itself in your shopping basket, the less it will give you in terms of nutrition.
2. Stay Hydrated – Drinking water is an essential part of staying healthy, especially since your body needs it to help flush toxins from your system. Aim for at least eight glasses a day of pure, filtered water to help keep your body running in tip-top shape.
3. Exercise Regularly – Getting regular exercise can help boost your immunity in many ways. It can reduce stress and tension, help to flush toxins from your body and even increase the production of white blood cells, which protect your body against diseases and viruses.
4. Get Plenty of Rest – Getting adequate rest is another important factor when it comes to boosting your immunity. During sleep is when your body repairs and restores itself, making it important to get at least 7-8 hours a night.
5. Get Some Sun – Believe it or not, getting out in the sun is a great way to boost your immunity. Just make sure to wear SPF when you’re out and about. The sun’s natural ultraviolet (UV) radiation helps boost both innate and adaptive immune responses in the body. This is mainly due to the fact that UV radiation causes the body to release more Vitamin D, which is an essential nutrient that plays an important role in the body’s immune system. Vitamin D aids in the production of cytokines and other immune system cells, which helps the body fight off infections. In addition, the UV radiation can also help to activate a person’s natural killer T-cells, a type of immune cell that helps the body recognize and target harmful pathogens
6. Manage Stress – Stress can have a significant impact on your body and mind, including weakening your immune system. So make sure to practice relaxation techniques such as deep breathing, yoga and meditation.
7. Supplement Wisely – Certain supplements can help strengthen your immunity and help protect your body from illnesses. Some key ones to consider are vitamins C, D, and E, zinc, probiotics, and omega-3 fatty acids.
8. Use a Wheat Bag - A wheat bag can provide natural heat therapy to help reduce muscle spasm, muscle and joint ache, arthritis, and other chronic muscle pain. Wheat bags are also used to help with relaxation, improve circulation, and provide an overall sense of wellbeing. Additionally, when heated, the essential oils from the grains and added aromatherapy oils can be released, providing a therapeutic scent to aid in relaxation and add to the therapeutic benefits of the heat. You can view our full wellbeing product range here
By following these tips, you can help boost your immune system and keep your body in shape. However, no matter what you do, it’s always important to consult a healthcare professional if you suspect any illnesses or feel unwell.
Also in Journal
How to stay warm for less amid a cost of living crisis
In this blog post, we explore how to 'heat the human' rather than the whole house. Even heating just one room rather than the whole house can dramatically reduce the impact that energy bills contribute to the cost of living crisis.